Thursday, May 6, 2010

Update

It has been awhile since I last posted. I sold my house. Lost money. A lot. A whole lot. But it's funny how you can (eventually) accept something like that and move on. At least the taxes and insurance aren't sucking the life out of me. The project I am working on is ending. I put in my notice. I will be going home to Charleston on May 21. My husband is so happy. So am I.

I don't know what I will do for income when I go home but I have some ideas and plans. I got a small place in a consignment shop. I have some antiques there and one of my paintings. I hope to use the space to test the market for my work. The space is very reasonable and I have had fun with it.

I plan to focus on drawing rather than painting this weekend. Well, we're also going to cook. My husband and I are pretty good. Stawberries are in here. I want to try a homemade stawberry cake. Something I have never tried before.

Memorial day weekend marks our fifth wedding anniversary. We never had a honeymoon so we are taking a vacation. We are not going far but I am so excited. Life right now is good. I have decided that this year (fifty) is my year. Last year was a black year. Not my blackest but right up there. This year, I am determined, will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment